WHO WE ARE
The volunteer Board of Directors ensures the various committees, businesses, and organizations in the BIA coordinate in effective and meaningful ways. As well, the Board oversees the administration of the BIA and provides a forum for issues of most importance to BIA members. Our Board of Directors are committed to improving the local business environment.
The Essex Centre BIA can be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT WE DO
The Essex Centre Business Improvement Area (BIA) is an association of business people who have joined together to implement improvements for the more than 200 businesses and services in its jurisdiction.
Operating through a Board of Directors, who own or work in downtown businesses, the BIA’s primary function is twofold: to improve the physical environment of the area, and assist with economic redevelopment of the local business community through area-wide promotion and advertising. Our BIA provides both the organized structure and the source of funds to help improve our business economy and to make our town a better place in which to live and to make a living.
The board meets monthly to discuss long-range planning and to deal with new and ongoing issues.
THE ESSEX CENTRE BIA MISSION
- Attract and maintain customers in the area.
- Build a positive image for the area.
- Effectively promote the BIA.
- Provide a direction of accomplishment for BIA members.
- Generate greater community interest and pride.
- Provide for a greater spirit of co-operation and enthusiasm within the BIA.
- Provide and secure sources of funding for undertaking short and long-term projects, planned and carried out in an orderly manner.